The Complex




It's here again
About as complicated as it sounds
Meaningful yet meaningless
A juxtaposition of emotions
That can never quite be fully explained
Unless it is experienced


It's a feeling of never quite being
Of stretching
And stretching
But never quite reaching
Of feeling
And feeling
But never quite enough
Until it almost drowns

I feel it when I open my mouth
In a crowd of strange friends
Sometimes I feel it when I have to bleed
In a gathering of the injured
Yet other times it creeps on me
As I smile at a known stranger

It's hard to shake off
Hard to put into words
How do I explain without sounding stupid?
How do I own myself without quite comparing?
Am I the only one trapped here?
Or do you feel it too?

The feeling of never being enough
The pain of feeling inferior.


WaleAyo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Theory of Standing Out

This is Me

Redefining and Reconceptualizing Beauty